Today is the 100th birthday of Grand Central Terminal! Though it never compared to the original Penn Station, it is a living monument to what this country can accomplish when we invest in infrastructure (all the caveats about Vanderbilt notwithstanding).
The crowds will be nuts but the GCT merchants are celebrating with 1913 prices in stores and restaurants. check it out:
1913 PRICING FROM GRAND CENTRAL SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS
- Only available February 1, 2013
- 19¢ ea. shrimp, 13¢ ea. mussels, 13¢ ea. clams at Pescatore
- 10¢ for a side of french fries at Tri Tip Grill *From 11am-3pm
- 5¢ small drip hot coffee at Financier Patisserie *Starting at 12 pm. Limit one per customer
- 10¢ shoe shine at Leather Spa
- 10¢ nylon watch straps from Central Watch *Limited to first 500 customers. Limit one per customer
- 25¢ piece of Legendary Fudge at Li-Lac Chocolates *Limit one per customer
- 19¢ slice of cheesecake at the Oyster Bar & Restaurant *Dine-in only
- 10¢ for bambini scoop of gelato or sorbet at Ciao Bella
- $2 for 100% silk scarves (unisex) at TOTO
- 6¢ loaf of rye bread at Zaro’s Bakery * Shuttle Passage and Grand Central Market locations only. Limit one per customer
- 75¢ Adirondack cocktail at Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
- 5¢ 1lb box of pasta with purchase of a Ceriello Sauce at Ceriello Fine Foods *until 4pm